Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's Days Like These When I Feel Like Myself Again

Today we're having friends and their son over for dinner. We're babysitting their son for them so they can go out to a movie and have a night to themselves.

This is the first time in a LONG time that I have been motivated to do so much around the house. On Sunday I took a pork roast out of the freezer to defrost. Yesterday I roasted garlic (something I've never done before) to use as a rub on the roast. I also did two loads of laundry (even folded!) and scooped the kitty litter.

Today I've cleaned the entire bathroom: mirror, sink, counter, toilet & bathtub. I also swept and mopped the bathroom AND kitchen floors. AND I did all that while taking care of Pierce all by myself. Although I did sleep in until 9:30-ish this morning, so my husband took care of him then. Later I need to do some vacuuming and go to the grocery store. And writing something in my blog other than song lyrics is another accomplishment.

I feel like myself today. I feel...content. I wouldn't go so far as to say happy, but definitely content. And very proud. I know that I still have a long way to go, but I also know that I've come a long way from where I've been.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you today. When I read your tweets I could just feel the happy and contentness oozing from your posts. I am so so happy for you and hope this continues!!

    ReplyDelete