Tuesday, February 16, 2010

101 in 1001

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

Read more here.

I feel good about this list, this time. I started a list before and didn't even come close to finishing it, but I've revised about half of the goals on my old list, either removed them completely, or modified them slightly and I feel good about getting it all done in the allotted time. I hope this inspires someone else to do the 101 in 1001!

My start date: February 17, 2010
My end date: November 14, 2012

Tasks not started
Tasks in progress
Tasks that have been finished

  1. Donate Blood
  2. Get another tattoo
  3. Go to a drive-in movie
  4. Learn to knit
  5. Take a Yoga class
  6. Take a multi-vitamin every day for one month
  7. Take a curling lesson
  8. Learn how to skate
  9. Go to the symphony
  10. Learn to play an instrument
  11. Take a scrapbooking class
  12. Read 15 books (0/15)
  13. Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity
  14. Get a Brazilian wax
  15. Learn how to jump start a car
  16. Go to see a comedian
  17. Take a cooking class
  18. Renew my passport
  19. Take a spinning class
  20. Make a list of 101 things I love about my husband
  21. Make a list of 101 things I love about myself
  22. Take a ballroom dancing class
  23. Pay off all consumer debt
  24. Put $5/week into an RRSP for both me and my husband
  25. Sell my Beanie Babies
  26. Sell paper lanterns
  27. Build our emergency fund to contain a minimum of $3,500
  28. Learn to use a sewing machine
  29. Drive to the West coast and back
  30. Get to a goal weight of 150lbs
  31. Don't eat out for one month
  32. Eat a vegetarian diet for one month
  33. Give up all fast food for one month
  34. Get over my fear of the dentist and start going regularly
  35. Don't drink any pop for one month
  36. Drink nothing but water for one month
  37. Brush my teeth twice per day for one month
  38. Floss once per day for one month
  39. Go to church every Sunday for 12 weeks
  40. Wash my face twice per day for one week
  41. Wear make up every day for one week
  42. Get boudior portraits done
  43. Wear a bikini and feel fabulous
  44. Watch all episodes of Friends in order
  45. Watch all the movies that have won Best Picture since I've been alive
  46. Eat at a sit down restaurant all by myself
  47. Do the 60km walk for women's cancers
  48. Give all my clothes that are old or don't fit me anymore to charity
  49. Give the baby outfit to charity
  50. Volunteer in a soup kitchen
  51. Put flowers on someone's grave who I don't know
  52. Scrapbook our wedding pictures
  53. Paint a room in my house all by myself
  54. Host Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner by myself
  55. Change the chandelier in the dining room all by myself
  56. Create a time capsule to be opened when I turn 50
  57. Create a time capsule for Pierce to open when he turns 25
  58. Scrapbook Pierce's first year
  59. Make a Will
  60. Designate a Power of Attorney
  61. Start a savings fund for Pierce
  62. Designate someone to take care of Pierce should Mr. B and I die before he's able to take care of himself
  63. Put together Pierce's crib trundle drawer
  64. Buy a change table for Pierce's room and put it together
  65. Clean (or get someone else to clean) the tall window in the living room
  66. Change the handles on the cabinets in the kitchen
  67. Change the handles on the cabinets in the bathroom
  68. Print and use the dockets and checklists from Simple Mom
  69. Start writing to Chloe again and write at least once per month
  70. Take Pierce swimming
  71. Make and freeze Pierce's baby food
  72. Donate $5 to a charity of my choice for each goal that I do not complete
  73. Put $5 in my RRSP for every goal I complete
  74. Get smoke alarms installed
  75. Continue meal planning for at least 6 months
  76. Send a secret to Post Secret
  77. Do my Moms' group's Biggest Loser competition
  78. Start using a metal water bottle
  79. Sneak into a movie
  80. Tell my husband that I love him every day for one month
  81. Get Pierce a passport
  82. Use our deposit to get nice pictures of Pierce taken
  83. Host a Norwex party
  84. Go away for a weekend with Mr. B and leave Pierce at home
  85. Choose a difficult recipe and become a pro at making it
  86. Take a walk and pick up garbage
  87. Take Pierce to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe
  88. Take at least 10 pictures of Pierce each month, not including his age-sign pictures
  89. Go for a walk three times per week for one month
  90. Learn to make my own cleaning products
  91. Take Pierce to the zoo
  92. Send Christmas cards each Christmas during the 1,001 days
  93. Go through my stuff and either sell or donate things I don't use/want
  94. Mail Thank You cards
  95. Add Pierce to my benefits
  96. Mail Pierce's birth registration
  97. Take Pierce to the beach
  98. Match the dollar amount of gift certificates Pierce gets in his savings account
  99. Give something up for Lent each year during the 1,001 days
  100. Go a week without watching television
  101. Go a week without using the computer

0 comments:

Post a Comment