Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm Thankful

I have a lot to be thankful for these days, even when it seems the exact opposite.

I have a beautiful baby (ok, he's not a baby anymore, but he's MY baby, damnit!) boy who is growing and learning and thriving each day. Even when I am having a bad day and I don't feel like getting out of bed, he is the best part of my day. He gives me a reason to live, a reason to wake up in the morning. I don't believe in God, but I truly have been blessed to have him in my life. I am truly grateful for him, and words cannot accurately express my gratitude.

And though it makes me sad that he doesn't seem to want to cuddle as much these days now that he is more mobile, it makes the rare cuddle that I do get that much more special. When I'm finished changing his diaper and he sits up to wrap his little arms around my shoulders in a hug, I cherish that moment and the feeling of us sitting there, in each other's arms. When I'm nursing him and rocking him to sleep and he unlatches to let me know that he's ready for bed, I pick him up, hug his tiny sleepy body to my chest and hold him tight for just a few minutes longer before I have to put him in his crib and close the door.

I am thankful for my husband who has stuck through this roller coaster in our lives that has been my PPD. Even though sometimes he doesn't do the dishes in as timely a manner as I'd like, or he plays too many video games, he's always there when I need him. It's been a hard year for both of us since Pierce has been born but I feel like I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. And that makes me so happy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians.

1 comment:

  1. Happy thanksgiving momma! It's a good sign that you
    Are able to find positive things! Yay you! And yay for turkey!

    ReplyDelete