Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pierce's Birthday

Pierce turned 1 on Saturday. I was surprised about how well I dealt with it. Here are some pictures from the giraffe-themed party we threw for him.

The spread. We served macaroni & cheese, egg salad, tuna salad and bologna & cheese sandwiches, fruit and veggies and deviled eggs.

A close up of the banner. I made this myself using a friend's Cricut. I need to get myself one of those things!

I cut all the sandwiches into giraffe shapes using a cookie cutter and I made the labels with my friend's Cricut as well.

I bought plain brown cups and glued the yellow giraffe cut outs to them.

Here is the birthday boy enjoying an egg salad sandwich!

This is one of the only good "opening presents" pictures we got. Pierce was starting to get cranky and didn't want to sit still. Can you blame him?

I love his expression in this picture! The cake smash didn't get quite as messy as I'd hoped, but it was still fun to watch. Oh and just in case you were wondering, smooshed up yellow and brown icing looks exactly like baby poo. You're welcome!

"Oh hello. Was I supposed to share?" (I made two of the exact same cakes, one for him to smash and one for the rest of us to eat. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of them before they were devoured.)

I love this picture of the three of us.

And this picture of Pierce with my mom (his Baba) is great, too!

Me with my toddler!! (sniff, sniff!)


"Please don't let me float away, Momma!"

1 comment: