Monday, October 18, 2010

ScrapFest!

On Wednesday I found out that I had won a contest I entered on Durham Region Kids for two VIP passes to ScrapFest as well as one class of my choice, and I was so excited. My BFF and I had both entered with the agreement that we would take each other if we won, so as soon as I got the email congratulating me on my win, I called her to let her know we'd be going. We were both squealing with excitement and the squealing continued until we left the show Saturday afternoon. We both had so much fun and left on a total high.

Here are some pictures of the fun we had at the show:

Here are Kristin (right) and I (left) super excited to be at ScrapFest!


We took Vicki Boutin's Easy, Detailed, Expert class. We got to do three different layouts, one easy, one detailed and one expert. It was a great class and Vicki is full of energy and so knowledgeable! This is a picture of the easy layout we created.

And this is the detailed layout! Isn't it pretty? Beautiful for fall! We didn't get pictures of our expert layout because, well, I didn't do it, I was feeling a little overwhelmed with everything we'd done and Kristin just cut everything out in class and took it home to assemble it. It's really beautiful, though. I would totally recommend taking a class by Vicki if you get the chance!

Almost every booth at the show had a (free!) make and take for us to do. We came home with eight of them total, and we didn't even do them all! Above I'm making a Halloween themed tag to go on a goodie bag filled with candy and be handed out to trick or treaters.

And here I am making a Christmas card.

And here are all eight make and takes that we made at the show. Top to bottom, left to right: memory box, Christmas album, Christmas ornament, Christmas gift tag, Merry Christmas card, snowman Christmas card, Halloween goodie bag tag, Christmas gift tag.

Pretty cool, huh? I can't wait until the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Totally jealous of you right now! I would so love to go to something like that! It looks like you both had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! So glad you got to go! What a great win. :)

    ReplyDelete