Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Food Gadget Review

One of my favourite food gadgets is The Nibbler by Nuby. I make Pierce's baby food so it's great for when he's teething because I can just pop a frozen cube inside, make sure it's fastened tightly and give it to him. Sometimes he gets a little confused and uses the handle to soothe his mouth, but usually he finds the mesh pocket with the frozen cube in it. It's a great way to soothe his painful gums without using medication. If your child hasn't started solids yet you can still use it - just put an ice cube inside. I've put ice cubes in it on really hot days when I wanted to ensure that Pierce was getting enough hydration.

It's also really easy to clean. I don't have a lot of time to spend cleaning something like this, so I love that it comes apart easily (though not so easily that Pierce has ever been able to undo it!), it's easy to rinse off, I throw it in the dishwasher, wash the mesh part by hand and let it air dry. I have heard that the mesh net can be difficult to clean if you put bananas in it, but we've never tried that because Pierce doesn't like bananas anyway.

Overall, I think The Nibbler is a pretty neat gadget. Pierce likes to use it, it's easy for him to use, it's easy for me to clean and it's safe.

The Nibbler is a product that was purchased for me at my baby shower and I have chosen to do this review myself. The above is my honest opinion and assessment of this product. I was not in any way compensated for this review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment